Monday, October 29, 2012

Daycare Quilt

Here is a quilt that I made last year as a Christmas gift for my children's daycare provider.

Daycare quilt - 2011

They care so much about all the kids, so I really wanted to make them something special.  I got hand prints of all the kids (footprints of the babies), and made each individual block using a quilt as you go method.

Daycare quilt - 2011

Then I embroidered the names of the kids on the blocks.

Daycare quilt - 2011

To fill in the extra blocks, I used my favorite Loulouthi print bordered with a solid color.

Daycare quilt - 2011

I backed it with a Loulouthi flannel print, and tied the backing to the quilted front using pearl cotton.

Daycare quilt - 2011

The finished quilt size is 60" x 72".

Daycare quilt - 2011

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. How did you set the handprints on the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really gorgeous and a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. question...what did you use to make the handprints so that the quilt is washable

    ReplyDelete