Friday, October 26, 2012

Finish it up Friday

I've managed to have a very productive sewing week, despite being distracted by all the activity outside my window.  The critters have been very lively in my backyard.
   
Backyard fall critters

First, I got a head start on a little Christmas sewing, and finished three more lined drawstring bags.  This time I made the snack size.

drawstring bags

Second, I finished up a flannel quilted pillow sham.  I used some of the Loulouthi flannel scraps from the Log Mansion quilt I made last winter.

Loulouthi flannel pillow sham

I had a lot of fun once again trying out some new stuff with the free motion quilting.  The fabric is busy so it doesn't stand out too much on the front.  That meant I knew any mistakes I made would be hidden, which made for another great practice piece.  

pillow_sham_quilting

Finally, I got around to finishing a pair of pants for my daughter.  These are the reversible pants from Anna Maria Horner's All Set kids pattern set.  I started these a few weeks ago, and now that the weather is getting colder I decided I must finish them.

AMH All Set Pattern pants

Hopefully I'll get a couple more pairs made yet this fall.

AMH All Set Pattern pants

I'm not sure if all these finishes reflect how productive I have been as much as how many projects I had started and then set aside.  I tend to have several things going at a time, and this week I was in the mood to cross a few things off my list.

Linked to Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.

5 comments:

  1. I love those little pants! I definitely do the same thing with starting projects and putting them aside. I have a bunch of scrappy projects in different stages of completion that I work on a lot, but are no where near getting finished! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great free-motion quilting. A lot of fun finishes . . . I do that too. "Let's get things done." Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You finished a lot. I like the bags and the feemotion quilting, it takes a lot of practice, I know...
    Groetjes
    Annemieke

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, to use pillow shams to practice FMQ! You are a genius. And I like the wood grain quilting - that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you love it when the quilting looks so awesome on the back - it really makes it a surprise to turn it over - I have a queen-size quilt that I love to turn over as the quilting looks so cool. Great work (and my son loves the squirrel photo as we don't have them here!)

    ReplyDelete