Tuesday, November 27, 2012

More hexies and Christmas stockings

Despite all the sewing time I've had lately, I don't have much to show.  I'm mostly working on Christmas gifts, so I'll have to wait to share those projects.

Christmas sewing

I have made some good progress on my hexy mini quilt.  After showing a couple options for the background fabric back in this post, I ended up choosing something completely different.

Hexy mini quilting

Originally I thought I wanted a black and white background, but I think this green fabric makes the colors pop even more.  I'm done hand quilting it with pearl cotton, and now I just need to trim and bind it.

I have made some good progress on new Christmas stockings for my family.  

Winterkist stockings

I'm planning to add a cuff and will probably embroider the name on each one too.  Hopefully I'll be able to get all 4 done before Christmas.

Linked to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced. 

6 comments:

  1. That green fabric was an excellent choice for those hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stockings, whose fabric is the gnomes and the snow flake fabric?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The large gnomes and snowflake fabrics are Winterkist by Monica Solorio-Snow for Lecien. I just love the bright colors in this line. The small gnomes are Michael Miller Many Mini Gnomes.

      Delete
  4. Cute stockings! I'm doing the same this year. :)

    ReplyDelete