Thursday, July 5, 2012

Scrappy Pot Holders

I love scraps!  And I love sewing little scraps together without having a plan.

improv_pot_holder_closeup

I have been sewing a couple years, and so far I seem to use scraps almost as quickly as I accumulate them.  I've used my scraps to make several potholders.  Here is a pair I made as a housewarming gift for my aunt.


pot_holder_pair

They might be a little big for potholders, but they are super handy for setting hot dishes on the table or counter.  I used a layer of Insul-Bright with a layer of cotton batting.  I love the texture the quilting adds with these two thick layers.

pot_holder_backs

I created the triangle one using a new equilateral triangle ruler.  I need more practice with the triangles, because I found it to be very tricky to get my points to line up with all those bias edges.

triangles_pot_holder

I especially like the colors in this one.  It looks so perfect with my mug, that I tempted to keep it myself!  I guess that just means I might have to make another similar one for myself.
 
mug_rug

No comments:

Post a Comment