Sunday, January 6, 2013

Scrappy Trip-Along

After seeing these fabulously scrappy blocks popping up all over people's blogs and on Instagram (#scrappytripalong), I just couldn't resist joining in on the fun.  Here's the tutorial on Quiltville.

Scrappy Trip - block 1

I started these a week ago.  They are rather addicting to make.

scrappy trip

I have 13 blocks done so far, and I'm not sure how big I will make this.  The squares finish at 2" and each block is 12".

scrappy trip

While I was busy sewing up 4 of these blocks today, my son asked if I could make him a bag like one that his sister has.  How could I refuse that request?!  So off to the stash we went to have him select the fabrics for his bag.  Here is what he came up with.

kidlet

I know the day will come when he doesn't want me to sew him stuff, so I'm just enjoying this while I can.

13 comments:

  1. Love all the scrap trip quilt I am seeing. I may have to join in as well.
    I like your son's choices for his bag.
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scrappy quilt is coming along so very nicely. I am trying to resist, but am feeling the pull. I'll probably join in this weekend. Love that your kiddo wants you to sew him things. My girls are on the verge of not wanting homemade things. SIGH. It happens all too fast. Your bag for him is great. LOVE those handles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made one of these a few years ago. It was quite fun. I still need to quilt it. Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bag is really cute. Did you use a particular pattern for it? (I ask because it looks like it would be perfect for holding scraps of fabric...)

    I love the scrappy quilt! Your colors are wonderful, and the layout looks great. I've just started one, too, but I'm way behind -- I've only just finished cutting fabric, really. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made the bag using the Kidlet pattern found here.

      Delete
  5. Cute bag! Love the trip along! It is quiet addictive :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you are well on your way! Very, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your scrappy trip project is looking great! Nice little bag you made for your boy. Hope he loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! It certainly works beautifully with the colours you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your scrappy trip quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you have a lot of white background scraps in yours! It works beautifully!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to say this is my least favorite current quilting trend, but of all the versions I've seen, yours is the only one I've liked. Great color choices!

    ReplyDelete