Saturday, December 29, 2012

Made-Fabric

I got the book 15 Minutes of Play by Victoria Findlay Wolfe for Christmas.  I've already read it cover to cover and have spent a lot of time looking at the pictures.

This book provides a ton of inspiration for creating improv quilts.  The main ideas are to spend at least 15 minutes a day playing with fabric, and to piece scraps to create your own "made-fabric".  Then the book goes on to give many examples and ideas of how to use this made-fabric in quilts.

So of course I had to dig out my scrap bin and do a little playing.

made_fabric_2

I always gravitate towards my green fabrics, and after making these two pieces I am already out of green scraps.

made_fabric_1

Next up was pink.

made_fabric_3

These are just so much fun to make.  I've done this before and used the pieces to make potholders, but I will have to try using this technique in a quilt.  I wish I had more scraps!  I tend to use them as quickly as I make them.

made_fabric

No comments:

Post a Comment