Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Stockings

I managed to finish two of the four Christmas stockings just two days before Christmas.  I got stuck on deciding how I wanted to finish these.

Winterkist Stockings

I ended up omitting the cuffs and skipping embroidering names on them.  I finished them by just adding binding around the top.  Each stocking will have a different color Gnoma on it, so everyone will know whose is whose without the names.  Besides, I just ran out of time and needed to finish them.

Winterkist stockings - back

One thing that has always bothered me about our previous stockings (which I bought before I started sewing), is that they don't hang right on the mantel.  They are always twisting one way or the other.

Old stockings

So instead of centering the loops on the side seam, I put mine on the back right next to the side.  This worked quite well, and the new stockings hang nice and straight.

Winterkist Stockings - hanger

I'll have to get the next two done in time for next Christmas.

Linking to Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.

8 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love stockings - I must have more than a dozen now. These are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fantastic! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute stockings! Plus, I had to give a shout out to you because your name is spelled extra cool!
    Blessings,
    Carin
    margaretshopechest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very, berry Merry Christmas cute! Thanks for the tip on where to place a loop when I make a set for my son and his intended!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them!! Great colors. And thanks for the tip where to place the loop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! Love the colors you picked. And oh the twisting! Such a simple solution - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the loop tip - I'll keep that in mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. really nice job on these

    ReplyDelete