Sunday, January 27, 2013

Quilting pebbles and loops

This week I'm working on quilting the Sherbet Pips Peppermint Snowballs quilt, which I posted about back in August.  This quilt has been a work in progress for a really long time, so I'm happy to finally be finishing it up.

Peppermint Snowballs quilting

Having a deadline is helping with the motivation to get it done.  My daughter's birthday is in February, and this will be her birthday present.

Peppermint snowballs quilting - pebbles and loops

It took me awhile to decide how I wanted to free motion quilt this.  I am doing loops and then pebbles in the the white areas around the pinwheels.  I'm already finding out how much thread gets used quilting pebbles.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't this such a great little quilt. I made this from Moda Bake Shop with Hello Betty but mine is still sitting as just a finished quilt top. This inspires me to make up that backing and quilt the darn thing. I'm actually working on another of Corey's tutorials now-Sunny Trails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty-- it makes me want to pull out some of my Sherbet Pips stash! I love your quilting, too.

    ReplyDelete