Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sherbet Pips and Peppermint Snowballs

I received a Sherbet Pips layer cake as a gift well over a year ago.  Not long after getting the fabric, I came across the perfect pattern for it.  I usually prefer to select my own fabric combinations to go with a pattern, but this time I just fell in love with the pattern for the same fabrics.

I used the Moda Bake Shop Peppermint Snowballs Quilt pattern, by Corey Yoder (from Little Miss Shabby).

Sherbet_Pips

The large snowball blocks work perfectly to showcase the feature prints.  And I just adore all the small squares and pinwheels.

My daughter loves puppies, and this quilt will fit perfectly in her pink and red room.

Peppermint_Snowballs

Right now the quilt is 45" square.  I'd like to make it a little bigger, so my daughter won't outgrow it too quickly.  I think I will just add fabric to the top and bottom, instead of doing an all around border.

I've been working on this quilt for over a year now, so it feels great to finally be near completed!

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! I know it feels awesome to make progress on a long-term project!

    ReplyDelete