Thursday, August 1, 2013

Baby Boy Quilt

I have been sewing a lot lately, but not getting around to blogging.  I think slowing down enough to take decent pictures is the most challenging part. 

Twin quilts

My big finish last week was completing a pair of quilts for a friend of mine who is pregnant with twins, a boy and a girl.  I had a fat eighth set of Aneela Hooey's Little Apples fabric, and I knew I wanted to use that in these quilts.  That's about as far as my initial planning went.

house

I just started off sewing random blocks for the boy quilt, depending on what I felt like making that day.

Triangles

I think this is my favorite way to work.

HST's

Then I puzzled them together and joined the blocks with a bunch of strips.

Baby Boy quilt

I used one of the Little Apples prints for the backing and quilted it in a simple loopy pattern.

red binding

A couple weeks ago we adopted two kittens.  They weren't exactly helpful when I was trying to get some pictures.

Fish

But they sure are cute!  My daughter named the all black girl kitten Fish.

I'll save the girl quilt and other kitten for my next post, which hopefully will be soon.  Linking up to Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun finish. I love the fussy cutting and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great finishes! Nice choice of fabrics, freelance piecing, and they came together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilts, and your mitres look perfect! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice! I like how you coordinated all the unique blocks so they look great together! This quilt just says fun!

    ReplyDelete