Friday, May 3, 2013

Briar Rose Quilt Design Contest

I have been enjoying playing around with the Quilt Design Tool over at Threadbias as I watch the snow come down this May 3rd morning.  There is a quilt design contest hosted by Pink Castle Fabrics, Threadbias, and Windham fabrics.


I love this new collection by Heather Ross.  I think the strawberry prints are probably my favorite.  Here is the design I came up with.  It's a simple log cabin quilt, with 3" width finished logs.  Because of the larger scale of these prints, I wanted to use fairly large pieces.


I'm calling this 45"x60"quilt "Spring Ponds".  The blue center of each block is the pond, surrounded by the frogs, bees, strawberries, and flowers.  I can at least dream of spring, despite it still snowing here in Minnesota during May.

No comments:

Post a Comment