Friday, April 5, 2013

Baby Quilt


A good friend of mine had her second baby in February.  I managed to pull a decent sized stack of fabrics from my stash for a baby boy quilt.  I have tons of fabrics that work for girls, but not near as many for boys.

baby quilt fabric stack

I quickly turned this stack into a simple patchwork quilt.

baby quilt

I wasn't going to use any green in this quilt, but in the end I couldn't resist the green binding.

baby quilt binding

I also made a tote for the baby's big sister, and threw in some tea for my friend.

gift bag- something for baby, big sis, and mom 

Linking this post up to Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.

5 comments:

  1. That's a great quilt for a little boy. I love that you made something for the older child as well. And the new mother will love the tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you back at your machine. Simple patchwork baby quilts are some of my favorites! Love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green binding works perfectly with the other color choices. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete