Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Lined Drawstring Bag

A few months ago, I used Jeni's lined drawstring bag tutorial to make a bag that I use for my camera.  The bag was fun to make and came together pretty fast.

Drawstring bags

Today I wanted to make the tiny version of this bag, so I went ahead and bought the pattern.  I could have just altered the dimensions in the tutorial, but was in the mood to just sew without thinking too much.  The pattern has directions for 7 different size bags, as well as a worksheet to figure out the cutting dimensions if you want to make your own custom size.  The directions are very well written and include many good pictures.

Tiny drawstring bag

This bag is really small.  I'm going to use it as a gift bag for a gift card.  I liked the fabric ties that I made for the first bag, but this time around I just used some twill tape that I had on hand.  I had just enough left for this little bag.  I like the look of the twill tape, and I'll probably use this for any future drawstring bags I make.

Tiny drawstring bag (2)


1 comment:

  1. I love making these little bags too. Using twill tape for the drawstring is a great idea, I'll have to give that a shot on my next batch! How have you enjoyed your Oliso? I have the grey one and find it pretty good so far

    ReplyDelete